About the Course
Many communities struggle with maintaining housing that gives residents quality options at affordable prices. Neighborhoods in steep decline exist next to neighborhoods that are unaffordable, and dislocation is a constant source of social anxiety.
A Strong Towns approach is not a miracle cure, but it creates positive feedback loops so that stress and opportunity can lead to productive local action. In this course, we will examine:
- Why local housing markets are so distorted, and the impact this has on our stability and prosperity.
- How to create the right market incentives to bring about productive development patterns.
- How to systematically address neighborhood decline on a limited budget.
- Specific changes to local regulatory systems to create affordable housing options.
- Steps to foster a bottom-up community of builders to respond to local needs.
- And more!
Participants in this course will develop a plan for local action that they can begin implementing immediately.
This course is worth 10.5 AICP continuing education credits.
Interested in purchasing multiple licenses for this course? Learn about group discounts here.